Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Super Woman


My mom… can you see the resemblance? Well including the appearance thing, my mom and I have little in common when it comes to outside interests. However, one of the main interests that we do have in common is our fetish for gadgets & most of the time the SAME EXACT gadget. Another thing that we do have in common is our personalities (a big one to have in common, I guess). It’s weird because to me the personalities would be less likely a candidate for similarities due to our lack of genetic connection. But I have come to realize that our personalities seem to be more similar than I ever thought.

So what’s that got to do with her being Super Woman, nothing – just ramblings about my mom & I. But what does make her Super Woman in my eyes is her extreme sense of loyalty, strength and frankness. She has been through a lot these past couple of months, mostly due to me & starting with me. Actually I guess if starting with me and because of me were the factors then she has been through a lot this past decade. But, back to the issue at hand, not only has she had to deal with me & my personal problems, but with health issues around my step dad, major health issues of my grandfather & supporting my grandmother through all of this & helping them with some life changes. Now, has she done all of this without falling apart a time or two? HEELLLLLOOOOO, could you? After all she is human, a woman and remember DRAMATIC?? But she has not given up & she has pulled her self together to keep pressing on to be there for those that need her. Like today, when she already has a full plate, but her daughter was falling apart & needed her to drop everything to come give me a hug & she did.

Obviously, the strength & comfort that she has been to me during my “issues” has affected me (and others that have witnessed it) in a way that I will never forget & hope that someday I could be ½ as supportive to my kids as she has been to me. Now, trust me she has called me out on issues & we definitely don’t always see things eye to eye. But she loves me like no one else in this world loves me. And she has proved it. She has listened to me gripe, whine, complain, rejoice, contemplate & ramble more than anyone else & trust me that takes a lot of time & effort because I can do those things to excess. She has supported me, uplifted me and grounded me during all of this & I LOVE HER for all of that and more. Words cannot express how appreciative that I am for all that she has done for me in the past couple of months.

MOM – YOU ROCK!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is very special. And she raised a very special daughter. It is a wonderful feeling when you're going through a big mess to know that there is someone who loves you unconditionally!

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to see the daughter that she wanted so much...love her so much, she is awesome, you are awesome... you both rock...identical or not

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.footballbetting2.info/aggresive-lamictal.html high voltag incorporation Altell cellular phones Incorporating off shore companies weight gain and antidepressant medications Suzuki c90t reviews florida incorporation Work and its effect on divorce rates incorporating to incorporate a business in incorporating law firms in harrisburg Imitrex nasal spray dosage Home trend virus scan Uk phone and address search Arizona attorney dental malpractice wedding invitations verses Germany malpractice lawyers Breakers circuit install

Stat Counter