Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 12, 2005

My year for reunions

This year I have had more reunions than any other year. The main one being our family reunion that my cuz Matt & I planned & put on this past summer. But also for relationships, this year I have re-acquainted myself with my friend from high school Lindsay, my 2nd cousin Ted, my friend from Indiana Nicole (that was a brief interruption in contact) and I have the opportunity to do it again. I came across some information about a high school/college friend last week. If I want 2005 to be my “year for reunions” I’d better hurry, I have 3 weeks left. With this bit of information, I sought out more information & more information. I dug up enough information to possibly make a contact with this person. Now remember most of these people, including this person, I have not talked to or seen for over 8 years.

Side note – I would have to say I’m nothing if not persistent even tenacious. I described myself to someone once as being like a dog after a bone. Because I can also get a bit vicious and "focused" when I’m out to get what I want. But I am so working on that. I’m trying to give up that kind of self control in my life. UNTIL I figure out if what I’m going after is major “life changing” and/or “rash” and/or really God’s will for me.

So, back to the issue at hand – I have this information, I could contact this person. But what do I hope to accomplish? Maybe nothing but to touch base with this person & tell them that I have not forgotten about them & what a good friend that they were to me. Maybe it’s one of those closure issues. I never had a chance to say “good-bye” to this person & I have always regretted it. Plus, would this lead to more “reunions”? I had several close friends in high school. Friends that were there for me through a lot of drama in my life, Lindsay & this person being 2 of them. I had to break those ties due to someone else in my life. I have regretted losing those friends every since. Will I seek out those people too & make contact? You never know…

I know that I will make contact with this person, I’m just like that. I don’t like having regrets. Life is too short for that. It’s just working up enough nerve to call & what will I say?


Have you ever contacted someone after not seeing them or talking to them for years?

3 comments:

Krista said...

Back in September I met up with an old friend of mine from high school. I hadn't seen him in several years but I heard he was going to be in Portland at the same time I was. So I emailed him and made plans to spend the day with him. He's changed more than I expected and there was a lot to catch up on but we had a great time that day.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I've changed a lot since high school? In some ways I hope so, like I KNOW I'm much more MATURE!! But hopefully I'm still the fun, happy chick that I was back then.

Anonymous said...

Call this friend, be open minded, expect nothing, you are just calling to say hi after all these years. It is just a conversation...you can't control the other side of that,but, you can control whether it is initiated at all.

Stat Counter