Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 05, 2005

My Weekend

Let's see, the weekend started with an exciting Friday evening at the gym. I sweated my way into the weekend. Then Saturday, I woke at 5 am to practice for my speech final & headed for Joplin (again). I spent most of the day in my speech class, listening to speeches & giving 2 speeches myself.

Side note - I was pretty nervous about giving my speeches because I had little time last week to prepare. Then I crammed for 1 day & the more times that I practiced, the more times it changed & the more confused I got myself. So I decided to just wing it & just ramble like I always do. Well once I got into class & heard the first 2 or 3 people, I realized that these people were a lot more nervous that I was. So, I felt a lot better. I went 3rd or 4th to give my speeches. I think I did pretty well.

Ok, so after my speeches, I headed to Springfield to meet Holly, Andrea, Rebecca, Nikki, Cally & Susan to shop until we dropped, which apparently would be 11 pm. I was pretty proud of myself, for 4 hours of shopping I spent less than $10 (not including food).

Then Sunday after church & lunch, Ashley, Rachel & I did more shopping. I had not had enough Saturday apparently. After all I still had money. Boy, was I glad we went Sunday. I had a very good shopping day, I finally bought a new wallet! I've been shopping for a new wallet for over 2 months (I'm not picky). Then we went to see Just Friends. That was a funny movie. I had to contain myself at parts from not laughing so profusely.

I ended my weekend with my ritual Desperate Housewives viewing.

No comments:

Stat Counter