Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Stuff

This semester I took two classes for school. I took information systems & speech. What an easy load. It's like feast or famine. One semester I took Econ & Acct 2 in one semester. I thought I was going to gouge my eyes out that semester. But this semester was a super easy load for me. God must have known that there was going to be too much going on in my life for me to take a hard load. I was doing beautifully until all these hospital visits became necessary. I have yet to see how I faired in Information Systems, let's just say that it was a good thing that I had an A in there before this past month. I'm pretty certain that I will pass. But the GREAT news of the day was my grade for speech. I made an A. Now many of you probably aren't too surprised by that. I definitely don't fear speaking in front of people, but I didn't turn in 2 assignments. When I told my professor about the family health issues that had been going on & that is why I didn't turn in my assignments (I was just letting her know) she let me turn them in AFTER my final. Plus one of my speeches (the one that was worth more points) I researched & prepared for in 1 day. Not only did I make an A, but I had to give 2 speeches and I made a 98 & 96 respectively on them. I WAS SOOOOOOO HAPPY, I called my mom right away to tell her. She knew how much I was stressing about my grade. I was stressing a bit about my speech because I just felt so unprepared, but I hated the idea of not making an A in that class.

Grandpa is still in the hospital. They moved him back from Columbia on Monday. Now he is in rehab. Mom thinks that they are o/d - ing him. So she talked to the doctors today and told them to slow down on the pain killers. She also told them, that she would give them one week to work with him & then she was taking him home. You go mom. I know Grandma & Grandpa would both be happy to have him home. The doctors are also saying that he will probably be on dialysis indefinitely.

Tonight Cody had his Christmas band concert. He is in "preband". They make them take preband before they hand over real instruments to them. It was cute. Brayden enjoyed hearing the band just as much as Cody enjoyed being a part of it. We also ordered Cody's Trombone. He's super excited about. I hope he keeps it up. I'm all about having well rounded children. I wish I had stuck with an instrument. I never was in band, but I did take piano lessons for awhile. I wish I could have stayed with it. I would like to know now how. That's really the only instrument I was ever interested in. At the end of the concert the band directed said, "Have a Merry Christmas, I'm pretty confident that I can say that here." She got applause. You go band director!

Were you in band? Did you or do you play an instrument?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your speech class success. Keep doin what you're doin.

And go Cody. That rocks. Do you think Bray might do band in school too?

Ive been hearing a lot about your Grandpa at church. Thats crazy that so many complications came from just knee surgery. I hope for the best.

Krista said...

I was in band in elementary school and played the flute. I also took saxophone lessons and piano lessons. I can still play piano a little bit...not too well though.

Mr. T said...

I played cornet for one year and the french horn for six years. I can read music and play the piano pretty badily these days

Stat Counter