Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, December 03, 2005

How mature are we?

My Aunt & Uncle live in this community that is gated & has an actual person that sits at the guard gate to let you in. This summer I was driving in & out of the community a lot. I realized that probably ½ of the people that go in & out are only staying there for vacation, so how do these gatekeepers know who is staying there & if we are visiting who we say we are visiting. So, I explained my theory to Mr. T & we decided to test how well guarded the community really is. The next time I went there was with my cohort & I said that I was there to see Matt T. The friendly guard, said ok, smiled & let us in. Maybe that was just a fluke, let’s try it again. The next time I tried this out, I used the name Page Turner, and again the guard man smiled & let my family in. Now it’s time to step it up a notch. Mr. T & I tried one a little more risky. With Ted & Chris now apart of it, we attempted to enter with the name, Ben Dover. And in we entered to visit Ben. Now, picture us debating what name to use for our next entrance into the gated community. Would Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Mickey Mouse or Luke Skywalker be too obvious? Well we settled on Lang Le (my new Alias). I pulled up to the guard gate & said that I was there to see Lang Le. “The Langleys?” the guard keeper asked, with a suspicious look on his face. “No, LANG LE,” I clarified. “OH, LANG LE,” he responded & he proceeded to let us in without any problems! What a close call, thanks Mr. Guard! What name should I try next time?

Stat Counter