Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Vanity

For the past year, I've had this yucky feeling that I'm getting older. Yeah, yeah, I know we ALL are getting older. But this is the first time for ME, that I'm this age. I am now closer to 30 than to 20 :( So for the past year I've made changes, I gave up soda, I work out at the gym, I eat better, I drink my water, I cut my tanning time in 1/2 and I even started giving myself microderm abrassion treatments! So now, I am the same weight as when I was 15, I have prettier skin & I feel better. So, imagine my disgust when I looked in the mirror yesterday & discovered I have wrinkles under my eyes & crows feet!!! That's it, I'm giving up smiling too. WHATEVER, I will only go so far for this physical body! It's bound to happen, but won't go down without somewhat of a fight.

So, send me all your words of encouragement & your advice for getting older. The depressing thing about this is that most of the people reading my blog are younger than me!

2 comments:

Mike and Debby said...

I saw Joan Collins (an old lady from Hollywood) a couple of days ago. Everything about her was wrinkled except her face. It had been shot so full of backside fat that she looked like she was about to "pop". She kept talking about how much better she looked without the face wrinkles. All I could see were the bulging cheekbones, fat lips, squinting eyes and a very smooth complection that looked like she had her face stuck out the window of a jet plane, where everything was being stretched back behind her head! The funny part was, she thought she looked good! HA! :)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it tooth whitening product jenna jameson nude Goose pasture jefferson county camping Belle dental insurance Free antivirus protection the sheild free Oreck online payment 1996 honda civic dx pictures

Stat Counter