Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 28, 2005

Black Friday

The big plan for my Black Friday was to wake up at 6:00 am, wake up Matt, head to K Mart, go work out & get my boys all by 8 AM. And what would we be heading to K Mart for? A DVD player and an exercise ball for us – not gifts! Well, after going to bed at 2 am, I woke up at 6, tried to wake up Matt to no avail. After the 2nd time of trying, all Matt could say is “get me an exercise ball”. So I went to K Mart by myself, picked up the exercise balls, DVD players, some pillows, and I managed to get one gift. Then I headed for the check out line. And being “Black Friday” K Mart had the foresight to not have enough employees on hand & they had only about ½ of their check out lines open. So, I stood in line for over 30 minutes, for my small purchase. Needless to say, I did not go to the gym, I just went home & went to bed! That was the end of my shopping for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You win "Cousin of the Year" award for going and getting me an excercise ball that early in the morning. Thanks for letting me sleep in.

Krista said...

I had an early shopping excursion on black Friday too! I was at the mall by 6 AM. Mostly I went just to prove Grandmother wrong. She kept making fun of me and saying I was too Grumpy in the morning to go shopping that early (she thinks she knows me so well since I lived with her for 5 months 2 years ago. haha). I wasn't in a fighting mood so everyone else beat me to the good stuff but I bought a few Christmas presents.

Stat Counter