Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving in Arkansas?

So my step dad Marvin needed to have a "simple" outpatient gall bladder surgery yesterday. Well, to my surprise (not) I get a call from my mom saying that there were complications. They ruled out a heart attack, but maybe issues with his lung. And they are going to keep him in the hospital for maybe 3 days. THREE DAYS in the hospital, ok - did I mention that he goes to the VA hospital in Fayetteville, AR. So that means my mom, Marvin, Grandpa & Grandma are all going to be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital? Different hospitals to top it all off!

Well, I took off last night at 10 PM & headed for Arkansas. I could not let my mom & Marvin spend Turkey Day away from home, in the hospital & alone. So after an hour detour (and I think I have a good sense of direction, actually my sense told me I was going the wrong way, I just decided to ignore it) I arrived in Fayetteville at 1 AM this morning.

So, I'm thinking my first Thanksgiving without my boys is going to be spent in an AR hospital, YEAH!!! I really didn't mind though (again liking the drama). But thanks to answered prayers (I'm sure lots from Matt) Marvin was released today before noon & we are now home again, ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow at Grandma's house! But still , grandpa won't be there & neither will Cody nor Brayden :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOO glad to hear Marvin is doing better and is home. I know thats a big relief for Sandi too. Bad enough her dad is in the hospital. Sure wish we could be there to share the day with the family. Can't wait till Xmas. Hope Cody and Braden get to be with you for Xmas. Love ya,

Krista said...

It sounds like you've been busy the past few days. I'm glad to hear that Marvin is okay and you guys are able to spend the holiday at home. Your family is in my prayers.

Happy Thanksgiving! (oh...and I think you should continue the new singing tradition this Thanksgiving. But don't let Matt run off laughing this time).

Ryan and Katie said...

Sounds like a tough holiday but I am glad your dad is doing much better. Hope the holiday gets better and send Gpa our love!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing better. We hope you have a happy, healthy and safe rest of the holiday. The Fleenors

Stat Counter