Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Crash


I recently watched the movie Crash mainly due to the recommendation of Oprah. But also because Sandra Bullock & Ludacris (Chris Bridges) are in the movie. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses & I just wanted to see Ludacris in a movie. But basically it is a movie about racism. All kinds of racism and how it effects the way people think, act & live.

It was a very depressing movie. I understand that people are racist out there. Trust me, I understand. But a movie so full of racism was so sad. It was almost too much for me to handle. Not just the racism but all the other drama involved in the movie. Maybe I just have lived in a sheltered world to not think that so much racism could happen so many times and/or even in a connected way. But then again, it is a little Hollywood too, the movie is supposed to get our attention. Anyway, I thought it was a very good movie. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. If you have seen it, what did you think of it?

4 comments:

Mike and Debby said...

I haven't seen "Crash" so I couldn't comment on it. But I do remember seeing a Star Trek (TV) show where one person was trying to hunt down and kill another person because of prejudice. Both individuals were made up where they were jet black on one half of their body and stark white on the other, from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet. The only difference was that one was "white" on the left side and the other was "white" on the right side. It made me think about being biased towards people in a different way. It probably doesn't matter about color at all. If we were all the same color, the reasons for being prejudiced would be something else.

Anonymous said...

whoever this mike guy is....cracks me up. I saw the movie CRASH. It was good and it definately challenges the way you think and see things daily. I highly recommend watching the movie. Racism comes in all forms and walks of life.
--mikes son

Anonymous said...

Hey. I haven't seen that movie but I wanted to. Ive heard so many different things about it.

Anonymous said...

I just recently saw the movie and it was very disturbing and sad to see how people react and behave. I realize it was probably over dramatized for the "Hollywood effect", but I have seen so much of this racism all of my life. It's everywhere. This was a very dark and depressing movie. I can't say I liked it, but it certainly left an impression.

Stat Counter