Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Oprah's Fav Things

On Oprah's show yesterday, she had her favorite things. Since this is her anniversary year, she had her all time favorite things. The list is below. I must admit that most of her things, I would like to be my favorite things, too!


Philip Stein Teslar Diamond Watch
Burberry Coat
Burberry Purse
UGG® Australia's Uptown Boot
Garrett Popcorn Shops' CaramelCrisp® and CheeseCorn™ Tin
The new Apple iPod
"The Oprah Sweater" by Ralph Lauren
Pure Color Cords
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
BlackBerry 7105T™ from T-Mobile
Brownies from Moveable Feast Geneva
Nike Free 5.0 iD®
Kashwére® Shawl Collar Robe
Croissants from Williams-Sonoma
Hope in a Jar from Philosophy
"Grace" Basket from Philosophy
Oatmeal Cookie Dough from Fox & Obel Market
The Oprah Winfrey Show 20th Anniversary Collection DVD
Sony VAIO® FJ Notebook

Some of my favorite things would be:

The elliptical machine
My laptop
XM radio
Lucky jeans
Digital cameras
Pampered chef - stones, can opener & chopper
My scrapbooks
HP Ipaq 2210/2215 PDA
PF Changs

What are some of your favorite things?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kira. Laura just gave me your address. Three of my favorite things are George, Violet and Nolan. But I know that's not what you were thinking when you asked the questions. Some of my favorite things are Grandmas turtles, a hot shower and a good book on a rainy day. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving with the family. I know you are the type of person to find something to be thankful for even amid the turmoil. Love Ya

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....my favorite things this year are (in no particular order)
1. my mini ipod
2. my brown puma's
3. my 3 magazine subscriptions
4. my grandparents
5. my cousin Kira
6. my merril shoes
7. my job
8. my laptop
9. my family
10. my bible
--your cousin MT

Krista said...

Since I am a poor single girl living in Oklahoma my favorite things are not as exciting as Oprah's...

1. My parents
2. My brothers (don't tell them I said that. haha)...and my sister-in-law (don't tell her either)
3. My friends - I've been a handful here lately and they've put up with a lot and still remain my friends!
4. My cousin Mindy - I tell that girl everything...amazing she still calls me!
5. My Grandparents
6. The Whiddon Run (It's coming up this Christmas!)
7. My Yoga class that I take during my lunch hour
8. My red pillow from Japan
9. My head massager that I so affectionately call the pleasure dome (I "borrowed" it from a friend and I'm NEVER giving it back!)
10. My down comforter
11. My green pajama pants from Old Navy (I bought them when I worked at Old Navy in high school. They are old and worn out but I will never throw them away)
12. My digital camera

Krista said...

...I forgot to put books on my list. I want to add that as #13. I recently started reading this great series of books. I was up reading until midnight last night and laughing hysterically the whole time.

Stat Counter