Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, February 27, 2006

Good Times





This weekend I took the boys ice skating. My Aunt & cousin went with us. The boys had to endure shopping before the big event, but I think they thought it was worth it. We had a really good time. I went ice skating a couple of weeks ago in St. Louis so by this time, I was more steady on my feet. I actually spent most of my time skating backward. Skating really reminded me of going in Tulsa when I was a kid with my aunt, brother & cousins. I really liked it back then & still do apparently. I had a picture of my triple toe loop, but I don't know what happened to it!

Grandpa came home Friday. I spent the night over there on Saturday night to make sure the grandparents were being good. They did well. Spent most of Sunday over there with them. Grandma was itching to cook, so it was my pleasure to stay for her good cooking. Grandpa had a really good day on Sunday & was in pretty good spirits.

All in all it was a really good weekend. Have you ever been ice skating?

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Yes I used to love it until an unfortunate accident in 6th grade. I fell and instead of falling forward I fell back and sat on my blade. After finding a hole in my pants and using a mirror to assess the damage, I realized I had punctured myself in a very inconspicuous place. Anyway needless to say I have never put on another pair of ice skates.---KT

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! I always worry about those blades!

Krista said...

My skating experience was not as traumatic as that one. I went ice skating at the mall in portland. I couldn't even stand on my own so I held onto the wall the whole time. Little toddlers on skates were zipping past me. I maintain that it was the skates fault and not mine. I think I got a bad pair!

Mr. T said...

Kira...i would like to see the pictures of your triple toe loop. I just might have to call you Michelle Kwan, you do look similar after all.

Krista went ice skating in college and even 'couple skated' with a total dork that was EXTREMELY excited to hold her hand. We often refer to that night as her 'hot summer night.'

Krista said...

Leave it to Mr. T to bring up old memories best forgotten. haha!

Stat Counter