Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Grandpa

I am sitting in the hospital today with my grandparents. My grandfather was brought in last night for a stroke. Last week he came in with a TIA (mini stroke that does not have lasting damage). Last night he had a "real" stroke. He cannot speak & now has added high blood pressure and pneumonia. They were going to run a bunch of tests on him but have decided against that since he has a high fever and the doctors cannot do anything right now anyway.

My mom - remember my mom, the trooper. She left for Hawaii, against her better judgment. She does not know the situation with my grandfather yet. I am supposed to be "watching" out for them. Apparently, I did not do such a great job. I know, I know, it is not my fault. But I sure am dreading telling my mom this. I am waiting for her call & hopefully she will call me before she gets on the computer & reads this. I am sure she will be on a plane tonight back home. She really needed this vacation too. But I think my grandma really needs her. I am supposed to be an adult here, but I feel pretty inadequate at this time. I feel just as much like a child as I did when I was a child. I just sit here - not knowing what to do.

Please pray for my grandparents and my mom.

Stat Counter