Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 16, 2006

New Toy


Last week I got the new Motorola Slvr. I have been shopping for a new phone for several weeks. I was going to go with the Motorola Rokr, but the salesman at Cingular told me that Motorola was coming out with a new phone and to wait. Then I thought about getting the pink Razr. But I really wanted an MP3 player as part of my phone. An MP3 player, I think is the only recent techo gadget that I have not gotten yet. Can I just say how much I like this phone? It is fun!!

This phone is a MP3 player and camera. Now I just bought a new digital camera in December (which I still love). You can text message on this phone and I discovered last week how to email to a cell! It has Bluetooth. I also have a PDA, it has Bluetooth. So I send information to myself from myself. So MANY gadgets!!!!

Now, with my new position, I got a text pager. So, I can get blast emails from my company when I am “in the field”. I have this running argument with my co worker about this pager situation. I understand why they have it. But it is just one more gadget for me. He cannot seem to understand why our company is so antiquated that we do not get a Blackberry, do away with the cell phone, laptop, pager and just have one thing. Well then the company would have to provide wireless access for us to get to use the Blackberry. You can send & receive emails on this pager without internet access. I am sure it is a cost issue, which his argument is that it would be a write off for the company. But it is all about the bottom line and multiplied out, that would be a big expense. When I worked for the previous bank, I complained about how technologically deficient they were too. I think this company is no worse than any other large corporation.
How technologically savvy is your employer?

3 comments:

Krista said...

Between you and your mother I think you guys must own all the tech gadgets available.

Your comment on my blog...so funny! I can't stop laughing. I would never classify you as Korean trash.

Mike and Debby said...

You are becoming so high tech! Isn't it great? We had the message pagers a few years ago but have moved on to more modern methods of communication. I think we trashed our old pagers. The Blackberry is the way to go for what you need....I saw a web site out of Dallas where they had one style of Blackberry for "free" and a better one for $49, when you sign up for new cell service. I ordered Deb and I 2 new RAZR's yesterday (Pink and Black for FREE). Cool, huh?

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! forex submit training url Gluco watch ukraine air line Home appliances whirlpool clothes washers best+forex+training Union central life insurance co Ampro 16mm projectors emma watson upskirts 1989 bmw 325 repair quotes Live webcams in calgary Home furnishings bedrooms wall art and decor How to stop a woodburning stove from smoking http://www.remotesurveillance0.info/Sports-versus-the-arts.html

Stat Counter