Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, January 26, 2009

Oprah Take 2

I got the opportunity to go the Oprah show again. The first/last time that I went was 2 years ago in January. My trip this time was not as much of an adventure.

Matt & I drove up on Thursday for the Friday taping. We did not know the show topic but knew it was her Oprah live taping. Usually there is a panel there and we were excited for that, but since they had just been in DC, the panel did not come back for this week's live episode. Caroline Kennedy was supposed to be on there but she canceled & Garth Brooks was going to perform but he couldn't make it. So they were just going to show an already taped episode. Then they remembered they were going to have a live audience there. So, they had one guest from the Chicago Sun Times scheduled and they threw the rest of the show together. And it showed.

Jeremy's mom came with us. So the 3 of us went to the show. It was a good experience just like last time, but again, I felt like I got ripped off on the show. Last time they changed the show to the boys that were kidnapped in Missouri and I was disappointed with that show because it was so sad. This time they just threw the show together & Oprah was so tired & it seemed very blah. During a taping of a regular show there are not any commercial breaks. Well on this one since it was live (in Chicago where it airs at 9:00 am there only) there were commercial breaks and Oprah was not very social during the breaks.

Since it was Oscar week they did discuss the Oscars and tired to Skype some of the Oscar nominees. They had problems with Skype Friday too.

Oh well. We got a Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. And Oprah is helping promote the volunteering/giving back agenda along with Starbucks. So we got a pledge card from Starbucks for a free coffee if we pledge 5 hours of community service and the whole audience received a $20 Starbucks gift card. I was pretty excited about that. And since I already volunteer then the pledge was easy to do.

After the show we managed to find the Oprah store, which Holly and I did not see last time. We even commented on how it was weird that Oprah did not have a store. So I bought something for Holly this time, since she could not make it this year.

Tomorrow I will post on how I got tickets both times to the show.




1 comment:

Maki said...

Oh this is the day you're talking about! Gosh, I want to go to see the show once in my life time... Lucky you!

Stat Counter