Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hair Dresser's Nightmare

I guess that is me. I have had short hair for about 3 months now. Including the first time that I moved to my new do, I have had it cut 5 times. I am not going to post new pictures because I am sure it is just my own "issue", but you can refer to my original post to see the major difference. Although now it really doesn't even really look like the last picture. OH well.

But after 5 haircuts I'm still not very happy with my hair. I cannot decide if I like it short because I am not 100% happy with the style. I have gone to 3 different people & none of them have done it the way that I have asked. The first time it was too long, even after I went back a 2nd time to get more cut off. Then the next person cut it too short & stacked too much in the back, then the next person made it lop sided. Today it is ok, but I had to ask her to keep doing little cuts like 10 times. Then I came home today & whacked on it myself. Now I think it looks ok, but again maybe too short. I feel like just giving up!! I think I should just go back to longer less difficult hair.

I am really not blaming the hair people, maybe I need to realize that my hair just will not do what I want. I have come to that realization with several other hair styles. Let's just say I do not have white girl hair. My hair seems to be pretty difficult to "style" & cut. I know this so I try to not be too difficult, but I want it to look the way I want it to look. Is that too much to ask for? My "regular" stylist is my friend & she told me today that if we could still be friends after today's visit she must REALLY like me! I really don't obsess over my hair more than the 15-20 minutes in the morning that it takes me to do it, but that whole time I analyze exactly what is wrong with it.

What do you think, should I give up or keep pressing on to the goal of a perfect "short" cut?

1 comment:

TLKOREGON said...

I love short hair, but I think it is because my hair doesn't look good long. I think if you have beautiful long hair, which you do, go long. I would if I could.

Stat Counter