Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Grandpa

I went to visit my grandpa today in the hospital. He has been in the hospital off and on for the past 3 years. When this all first started I went through a lot with him so I thought nothing would be shocking to me when it came to him. Well...

Some might call him a cranky old man, even I might call him that. But I love him, he is his own person and he always makes me laugh. He wears his hospital gown backward so the gown will open in the front. He likes to leave it open when he gets hot. Today a nurse asked if she could do anything else for him besides leave him alone & he replied no, that should to it.

But the best part of our visit was that instead of going to the restroom (where he could actually make it to) he used the port-a-potty in the room. My grandma, mom, two boys & I all just sat there with him while he tried to have a bowl movement. Then my mom & two boys decided to leave while he was still on the toilet (he was constipated today) and they all hugged him good bye while he sat on the port-a-potty! Brayden didn't seem to mind to much but I think Cody thought it was a little odd. I just looked at my grandma & we both laughed.

I am happy that my boys get to have their Great Grandfather around life has been fun with him.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Lest we forget the "infarct" story. That's still my fav. :)

Crazee Juls said...

I love your blog name...just stopping by from SITS, wanted to say HOWDY!

TLKOREGON said...

That is hilarious. I wish I could be there to visit. Please give him (and grandma) a hug for me!!

TLKOREGON said...

I just looked the picture up close and started laughing! Grandpa looks so funny, his face and the way he is standing. He looks cute.

Stat Counter