Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Pet

I am not a fan of pets - for myself. Sometimes I think I want a dog, but then I realize not really. Growing up I had LOTS of pets. I like animals, I just do not want to take care of them.

I feel bad for the boys because I know they really want pets, as do most kids. I have thought a lot about getting fish, and I did get Jeremy a Beta fish to test it out. Fish are ok, but he has to clean the tank every week or two, still seems like too much for me. But still a possibility.

So, this is the best solution for now. The boys got Hermit Crabs. They really gross me out. The top crab in the picture below is totally brown & looks like a spider when it comes out of the shell. So I really dislike that one.

The crabs are really low maintenance. They do get bathed 2 times a week which only takes about 5 minutes and the boys can do that without supervision. They just put some water in the sink & put them in there for 1 minute. Then they air dry.

The Hermit Crabs love bath time. That is the only time I see them out of the shell & very active.

Brayden decided to spend some of his Christmas money on the Hermit Crabs. Cody lucked out because they were buy one kit get a kit free. So, Cody & Brayden split the cost of 1 kit (one kit comes with 2 crabs) and they each got two. Brayden named his Stripes & Pinchers and Cody named his Home Slice & Home something else.


1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

I had a hermit crab when I was in 6th grade I think. I loved it. His name was Sebastian. I used to let him walk around in my room but then I would forget about him and find him days later under my dresser or something. They do like to change shells though and I guess he didn't like the shells I provided for him bc one day he just crawled out of his and didn't pick a new one and died.

Stat Counter