Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Journey to Oprah


My journey to Oprah was pretty nerve racking. I was supposed to fly out on Saturday to Chicago. Well with the weather forcast not looking too promising, I headed out on Thursday. No problem getting on the flight. I ended up on a 1:30 flight that left Springfield at 3:30 pm. We flew to Chicago, which at the most takes 1 hour & 15 minutes. After about 1 1/2 hours, I realized that there must be a problem. Sure enough the pilot comes on & announces that we have been circling O'hare due to bad wind & they want us to circle for another 20 minutes but we are out of fuel. So we are diverting to Rockford, IL.

So after landing in Rockford for a "quick fuel up and then off again." We sat on the runway for 1 hour waiting for clearance to leave. The flight from Rockford to O'hare is only 20 minutes. Well once in the air, we circled O'hare still for another 30 minutes. So by 8:00 PM we finally landed.

Thank goodness for me because bad weather came after that. The flight that I left on was the last flight to leave Springfield until Monday morning! Holly made it Tuesday night with little problems.

Once to Chicago the Oprah show called me 2 times. Once to tell me that taping time had changed. We got the 2nd taping of the day (which ended up being the first day taping of the new year) 11-3. Then they called again to tell me that the topic had changed. But we still had tickets.

So due to the relevance of the show topic, we taped yesterday & it airs TODAY!! To make the experience even more amazing, we got really good seats. We are 2nd row center!!! So watch the show today & I will give you more about the experience tomorrow!

2 comments:

Krista said...

So you weren't on the Favorite Things show? I forgot to tape it and look for you in the audience. Glad you had fun though and avoided the bad weather.

Anonymous said...

no biggie, you could only see the back of my head a couple of times!

Stat Counter