Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, October 05, 2007

South Beach

The only day that we made it to the beach was our first day there. It rained most of the day but cleared up late afternoon. So Jeremy & I headed down to the beach & planned to eat dinner somewhere on South Beach. South Beach was not too impressive. Now granted that this was Monday in September, but it was dirty & kind of like being in an old Mexican village. The water was nice but too cold & windy to swim so not really easy to appreciate the ocean. But I think that this is a very nice picture of Jeremy & I :)


Most of the menus in Miami include a lot of Bass, Conch & dolphin. They don't even call it Mahi Mahi - which I don't even know if Mahi Mahi is different from dolphin but all the menus said dolphin. Anyway we went to eat at this pretty popular place called Monty's. It was pretty cool. Very big, but of course dead the night we went there. There was a pool outside right in the middle of the tables. Jeremy had oysters!



I did not. But I have had them before, for him & I don't think that I need to do it again. They had live music and this lady sang. She did a really good job. We were very impressed. The first song she did was Rehab. And I'm not sure who sings that song but she has a lower sultry voice. Well she also sang Sexy Back. And her spin on it was pretty good. Jeremy thought it sounded better coming from a woman in a sexy voice than from JT, but he's a guy so I guess he would think it's better!

So not that we didn't like Miami, it was ok. We are glad that we went there but no need to go back. Which was very disappointing for Jeremy because he had hoped to retire there someday. Now he needs to find a new place to retire to. Have you ever been to Miami? If so did you like it?

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

Cute pics. I like your hair!

Stat Counter