Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Alligator Hunter

Wednesday of our trip to Miami was NOT a very fun day for me. I decided to go to the Everglade National Forrest. I drove approximately 1 hour from the hotel - got lost for about 1 hour - then drove back to the hotel area for another hour. When I found the Everglades, it was pouring down rain. So I decided to head back to the hotel and go to the mall. I ate lunch at the mall and then found something to purchase at Lady Foot Locker. When I went to pay, I realized that I left not only my debit card at the hotel in another purse but also my ID. Who needed yoga pants anyway. I was so disappointed by the day, I went back to the hotel & watched my soaps.

Wednesday night, I joined Jeremy & his co workers for dinner and after dinner drinks. We had a good time and all of his co workers were very nice.


Thursday was our departure day from Miami. And of course that was the only sunny day of our trip. So I went out the the Everglades again. And I am happy that I did. It was very hot thought - around 90. I went to this area that has a path through a swamp where wild life is just all over & there are no fences or barriers between you and the wild life. Apparently there are alligators on the road pretty regularly. The Forrest worker told me to just walk on the opposite side of the road if I saw one. I was pretty excited & scared at the same time. I did not see one on the road but I did spot this one like 5 feet from me in the water. I was on the trail by myself & I kept hearing all these animal noises and water splatters. It was starting to really freak me out, so I turned to go back & that is when I saw these eyes. I stood there for almost 15 minutes just staring at this thing & taking pictures. I kept debating if I should try to stir this thing, but I decided against it. I did move around a bit to see if it would move, but it didn't seem to interested in me.


This is the only other thing that I saw - a turtle - can't really see it in this picture. Oh, I saw lots of fish too.


The Miami Dade airport really has much to be desired. But it did have these cool fish designs on the wall.

Friday I went to see The Jane Austen Book Club. That was the first time that I have gone to see a movie by myself. Jeremy worked 1/2 day. It wasn't so bad except when I laughed I had no one to share the laugh with. But I liked the movie a lot.

1 comment:

TLKOREGON said...

You are much braver than I am to get that close to a wild alligator and STAY there for 15 min! I would have been like "that's cool, I'm going"! Also, I like going to movies by myself. I actually just went a couple of weeks ago and saw The Nanny Diaries by myself. Where as you may be laughing by yourself, you also don't have to worry if the other person likes the movie.

Stat Counter