Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I can see clearly now

Really I can. I had LASIK last Friday. It was not the most pleasant experience of my life but I guess it was worth it. It did not help that I had to hear everyone's war stories before hand. Mostly stories of how great it was and how happy everyone is with the outcome. But I did hear from Danton how it felt like knives in his eyes. And Jeremy shared with me all the bad stories that he could think of, because if he had any more he would definitely tell me.

I was awake for the procedure but I did get a Valium. The surgeon explained that there would be a little suction feel and then I would look at the the laser for 30 seconds and done! Well the "little" suction felt like my eye was getting sucked out of my socket. The only part that hurt was the device that they use to keep your eye lids open. On the 2nd eye the Doc pinched my eye lid with the device. I squirmed and he fixed it. But the worse part was that the Valium made me VERY emotional and between the suction and the pinch, I kind of lost it. I could not stop crying. They had to pause the procedure so I could gain my composure. The doctor kept apologizing and saying how I was so little. Which really meant that I have squinty eyes but he did not say that. THEN when it was all said & done my eyes felt really heavy and sticky so I did not want to open them. So I pretty much kept them closed until I woke up 3 hours later.

On my way out the doctor informed me that I was supposed to wear these plastic lenses ALL day & every night for the next week. AND I cannot wear any eye make up of a week. Which does not sound that bad but eye make up is the most important for me - remember squinty eyes!

But the good news is that I see great now. The doctor was actually surprised about how well I could see so soon after. They thought that I was going to need an enhancement surgery. But so far I don't think that will be necessary.

I keep feeling like I need to take my contacts out, but I don't & I can see!!!

No comments:

Stat Counter