Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Week Recap

Here are some pictures from last week. After seeing Vanilla Ice, I did not do a whole lot during the week. Jeremy & his dad went to a car show on Sunday & Noreen (J's mom) and I went to a craft show in Evanston. Then Jeremy & I went to see Love Guru. Not the best movie of all time. But there were some funny parts. Speaking from the girl that loves Austin Powers.

Then on Thursday we went to the Taste of Chicago. That is like most tastes where a variety of restaurants come & you can sample food. Between Jeremy & I we had a rib sandwich, a ribeye steak sandwich, choco covered strawberries, corn, coconut shrimp, Italian Ice, Italian fries, crab legs, cheese cake and nachos. Yes nachos. Here is a picture of me eating nachos. There was a mini "situation" while we were there. We were walking past some security guards and over the walkie talkies someone announced "shots fired". They took off running & then a couple of seconds later, a huge crowd of people cam running at us from that direction. I almost had a heart attack. Apparently nothing had happened at the moment. But I did think I was going to get crushed by a herd of people. And after the fireworks there was a shooting. One person was killed and 3 injured.



This is us later that night watching the fireworks. It was SO cold. Absolutely the coldest 4th of July that I have ever had. And I think the temp was like 60. But after 90 days, 60 is cold. And a bird pooped on my arm.


This was the only picture of the fireworks that I got.


Jeremy & John. We watched the Taste fireworks in Chicago on the 3rd. On the 4th we went to his parent's town of Morton Grove & watched from there after week cooked out.


Jeremy & Noreen.

Me with a sparkler before it got dark. Fireworks are illegal to buy or shoot off in Northern Illinois. So I bought them at home & brought them. At first John was not too please about the idea. But people all over the neighborhood were shooting them off so I was not too concerned about us getting in trouble. And soon John got into it too. We did have some big ones that I was a little concerned about but all was good & Jeremy was like a little boy shooting them off. He had a blast.

Then on the 5th we went to the Naperville Ribfest. It was fun - SUPER hot. We ate a lot of ribs & more corn. We ate corn on the cob 3 days in a row. But I have had better ribs at Famous Daves & a local place here.

Now back to work.

No comments:

Stat Counter