Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sneaky, Sneaky

So, Saturday the boys and I went to my grandparents house for a little visit. We were all sitting around the table eating lunch. They have this clear glass vase on the table that has a bunch of flower heads in it. The vase is short & totally covered with flowers. Brayden mentions that he sees some pills in the flowers. I look & sure enough there are several little pills the in the bottom of the vase. I jokingly say, "it looks like someone is stashing their pills!" Grandma says, "oh those are my eye drops from the eye doctor." The boys & I look at each other like, what? Then grandma says, "speaking of pills, Brayden will you go out to the car and get my pills." So we move on for the moment.

A couple of minutes after all of this Grandma gives Grandpa a pill & says to take it. Grandpa inquires what kind of pill it is. Grandma tells him that it is anti depression medication. At that same moment, Brayden says, "those look just like the pills in the flowers." I pick up the vase, look closer & point the vase at Grandma & Grandpa. At that point, Grandpa tells me to put the vase down & mind my own business. Grandma realizes then that Grandpa has been putting the pills in the flowers. After going back & forth about the pills & the cost & Grandpa saying that he has felt better since he stopped taking them she asks how long he as been doing it & he says that there are about 2 months worth of pills in there!!

I was cracking up. I felt bad that I gave Grandpa away but shame shame on Grandpa! Grandma said that she is telling the doctor! A lot of good that will do, anyone that knows my Grandpa knows that he is only going to do what he wants to do!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Brayden is quite the little detective isn't he? I can totally picture this happening. There is never a dull moment with your family!

Stat Counter