Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Day 2

I guess technically Day 1 of our little family vacation was spent driving to Chicago. I had to stop in St. Louis for work, so it took about 10 hours for us to get there. But we did. It was almost a year ago that the boys & I came to Chicago and then went to Oregon. This year we are just spending the time in Chicago.

So, we started the day by going to the mall. I needed to look for a couple of things that I could not get at home & lucky me, I found them. Then the boys found this virtual interactive video game on the floor & it was pretty fun. They really enjoyed playing soccer & jumping through the balls.

Then we headed downtown via the train. The L that is, not the Metra.



I'm not sure if you can see, but Cody's eyes look really cool in the picture above.

We went to Navy Pier and went to the Children's Museum. It was totally cool. I thought that a couple of hours would have been plenty of time. I thought that they boys would get board with it, but it was really fun. We spent 3 hours there and we were rushed. You can see above that they played life size chess. They also bowled, dug for dinosaurs, went through a rope tree house of sorts, played with bugs and much more...



In this water area, they were able to play with water pipes and water transportation systems. We did this family finger print thing & it shows if members of your family have the same finger print patterns. It was pretty cool. We all have loops but on all of our ring fingers we are the circle pattern and on all of our thumbs we have double loops.

We also made a book of us building a skyscraper. I have not been able to view this yet but click the link HERE & use the code k2a9u8 to view. That was fun.

We ended our day at PF Changs for dinner! Today off to the beach!

No comments:

Stat Counter