Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Random

First, I must say sorry to my cousin Laura because I'm not going to do her little blogging thing that she tagged me for. I have no one to tag if I did do it. I have been making Amish Friendship Bread for the last month and I realized some people don't want you to "share". But so far I've been able to give away all of my bread starters. I don't know how long I will be able to though. But my bff & I have this thing worked out where I give all of my starters away & one to her & then she gives all away & one to me. So we only have to bake every other time.

Sorry about the bread tangent I just went on, but I have not been really in the blogging mood so I will just update you one what's been going on:

1. I'm back taking classes. I am taking two online through MSSU - history & marketing. I am still working toward my marketing degree. I am also taking one through The American College that does mostly financial classes. This one is for work. So I am basically taking 3 classes. It has really been stressing me out.
2. I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. We had a party at the bowling alley. It was really fun. Everyone really enjoyed it. This new bowling alley is smoke free so it was good clean family fun.
Jeremy bought me a robe (I requested) and a really cool Coach bracelet. I wanted it but had no idea that he was going to get it for me. Holly & Danton got me a really super cool watch. Lisa got me a Starbuck gift card - LOVE Starbucks. Both sets of parents got me a bracelet - this must have been a bracelet year. My friend Margo got me a gift certificate for Mary Kay. I told everyone not to buy me anything since we were going out & they had to spend money to spend time with me BUT they didn't listen. How dare they!!!
3. I have a “classic” case of Pityriasis Rosea - which is some kind of funky viral rash. It is REALLY ugly & the first dr that I went to freaked my out. She is just a family dr & she treated it first with a steroid for an allergic reaction. It did not go away so she said I needed a biopsy & that it was something more serious like a blood disorder or CANCER!!! Luckily it was neither - "classic" Pityriasis Rosea. The dermatologist said that it usually occurs in the spring & fall but this was the 3rd case in a week that he had seen. Now I am on this medication that is for shingles & maybe it will help & maybe it won't. And this nasty rash all over my upper half will be there for 4 more weeks (I've already had it 4). I am on a SUPER high dosage of steroid. 800 milligrams 5 times a week!
4. I voted yesterday & bonded more with a family member due to our political views.
5. Going to Chicago tomorrow.
6. Had another tornado warning yesterday.
7. Had 2 snow days last week.
8. Spent one snow day with my cousin Ashley & Neviah - it was relaxing & fun.
9. Turned my stuff in for my taxes.
10.Hoping not to get too delayed tomorrow as Chicago seems to be getting non stop snow this winter.

2 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

That's ok. I just thought it would be interesting to find out 5 things I don't know about you. I know there are probably more than 5, but it was a start. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Only 6 months I join the ranks of NOT 20 something anymore. Is it really as bad as it sounds. Anyway. love you.

Krista said...

It sounds like you've been busy. Sorry to miss out on your birthday but I'm glad you had a good one. What is Amish friendship bread?

Stat Counter