Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 10, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODY



March 29th was the Code-man's birthday. 11th to be exact. Like I mentioned before, I am behind on my blog postings. 4 more weeks of school and I am done for the summer - things should calm down for me then. I digress - anyway, last Friday Cody had his friends over for a sleep over. We went out for pizza and then went ice skating. He had Dallas (Brayden's preschool teacher's son), Colin (Cody's band teacher's son) and Josh (the Principal's son) over (am I supposed to be a teacher?). Anyway, the boys had a really good time. They were really sweet. They kept saying, "Miss Kira, this is really fun." I tried to get them to quit calling Miss Kira, but it did not work. We all had a good time. Minus the "incident".

Before pizza, I needed to run into Blockbuster to rent a movie for school. I was in there less than 3 minutes. I was paying & Cody calls me from the car. He informs me that Colin has gotten the boys wrestling. I could see them from where I was standing, so I tell Cody to put Colin on the phone. I tell Colin to sit down & that I can see him. So, I head out to the car. When I get out there, one of the boys Josh has a bloody nose. NOT from Colin - which I assumed it was from him. Well Josh is sitting there, blood running down his face ALL over his shirt. I freak out - like a good mom & tell him to pinch his nose. He pinches & lets go. I ask, "have you ever had a bloody nose before?" To which he informs me no, as blood is still dripping all over him. I tell him to pinch his nose & HOLD it until I get back. So I run back into Blockbuster, get some papertowels & head back out to the car. By then the nose has stopped bleeding. I had to take him to the restaurant with blood all over him & his clothes. Luckily they had clothes with them. So I sent the boys into the bathroom to change & get cleaned up. Josh handled it all very well. They all thought it was no big deal. They just kept apologizing to me, sweet boys. It was not big deal to me either except for the fact that this kid gets his first bloody nose under my care!!

So what happened? Josh jokingly pushed Dallas into the side of the car, Dallas pushes Josh, but in the face & causes a bloody nose!

I am used to bloody noses. I used to get them all the time, for awhile I had one EVERY night. Cody got them all the time. I would go into his room when he was a toddler & blood would be everywhere. Brayden has gotten one or two. Have you ever had a bloody nose?

Stat Counter