Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A decade in the making

Brayden's birthday was on Monday. He turned 10. I cannot believe it!!!! He is getting so big.






On his actual birthday, he was with his dad. So, I met them for lunch. We all sat together and had lunch. This is the first time that I have been face to face with Shannon for more than 5 minutes in the 5 years that we have been divorced. Lunch went fine and I was ok with it. But it was a bit uncomfortable. And Shannon was pleasant but he hardly made eye contact with me the whole time. Later Cody asked me if it was awkward. I told him not really for me but it seemed that Shannon was uncomfortable, he said that he was. Just because we have not done anything like that since our divorce. But I'm glad that we did it for Brayden.


1 comment:

TLKOREGON said...

What a cutie... you can tell him I thought about him. I am glad you were able to do that for Brayden. I am sure that he will remember that forever.

Stat Counter