Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oprah Church

Jeremy has been giving me a hard time about Oprah for awhile now. He thought that I received most of my information from Oprah, which is not totally true but I did receive a lot of my relationship information from Oprah. And since he does not like Oprah, that was not a good comment. But she is a good source of information. So I had gone about 3 months without watching Oprah, until last night. Sam was over fixing my sink when he saw that I was watching Oprah & he called it something like Oprah Church. Men, they just don't understand Oprah.

ANYWAY - yesterday on her show she had a bit about spiritual cleansing probably one of the most ridiculous things that I have heard in a long time. But one of points that this lady who is a vegan made about the reason she was a vegan is because she is eating as the type of person she wants to be, a kind, caring person. I just think that is ridiculous. I wanted to ask this lady if she has ever heard of the circle of life. And are the lions out in the jungle being so kind to the animals they are eating. And the main thing is that God him self gave us the animals to eat so how is NOT eating them, cleansing us spiritually? Good for anyone that wants to or can do it, but for me that argument was not persuasive enough to give up beef, pork, fish, chicken, dairy & all other animal products.

But I am trying to go off of fried foods for 21 days. That is one cleansing that I can and should do.

Today on Oprah - OCD Boot camp with Dr. Oz! I am totally excited about that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is jeremy saying: " While you are listening to Oprah, you might NOT be listening to yourself"?

Stat Counter