Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Butcher, The Baker & The Candlestick Maker

My Aunt Teri owns a candle shop & they make their own candles. Here is my first attempt at a cut & curl candle:

Notice the right side, the candle piece broke off. Notice the white swirls are coming apart from the red swirl. And the thin little white stripes are supposed to be curled pieces of candle too, but they broke off as well. This is what it is supposed to look like:




Close, right? I know not really. Well, Aunt Teri did tell me later that there was oil in the water that was causing the layers to separate and that I did not warm the "core" enough & that is why it was breaking off. So not too bad for my first try.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm impressed! Soon you will have your own little shop in Silver Dollar City. I smell success.

Krista said...

That looks like fun. I wanna try!!

Stat Counter