Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 04, 2008

To resolve or not to resolve...

Although making a New Year’s Resolution seems to be par for the course when bringing in the New Year, there are many that do not believe in making resolutions. Mostly because resolutions are seldom seen to fruition. Unless you are like my cousin Ashley who made a resolution that she was able to fulfill in one day. Anyway, most of the time I make a resolution and I too am unable to keep it up. But I believe in resolutions. I have many theories as to why people don’t stick to them, but I will keep those thoughts to myself. Here is why I believe in resolutions. I think that everyone should constantly be trying to improve themselves in one way or another. The New Year is a good time where people are looking for a fresh start and to be rejuvenated. I believe that unless you set a specific goal for yourself, improving yourself is hard. I think that any amount of effort and success that you make toward your resolution is better than where when you started. If you aren’t at least striving for something than you won’t reach it.

So I have decided on my resolution. It will be to focus more on my business and career. To grow my business in excess of10% from 2007. And to make the Million Dollar Round Table.

Many people resolve to have a better handle on their finances. I have decided that based on my career, I might help educate people on finances through this blog. So I will try at least twice a month to post some financial educational pieces. So I will give my disclaimer now. This is just for educational purposes, the ideas and thoughts are just opinion and meant for educational purposes only. Consult a doctor or professional. Side effects may occur, etc…

Now here are some pictures for your enjoyment.


The boys with my nephew Theoden. He is sooooooooooo SUPER cute with the best personality.
Jeremiah & I at a wedding on New Year's Eve.
Us with Jeremy's parents on New Year's. John & Noreen.

No comments:

Stat Counter