Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sleep Over!

Apparently Spring temperatures in January also brings Spring storms in January. We had been having 60 degree days and Tuesday night we had severe weather. It seems as though 4 tornadoes hit the Springfield area but technically it was only 3 - 2 were the same tornado. But we had something in the range of 66 warnings in the surrounding area. At my house we had more sirens going off in one day than in a whole week.





The first siren went off at 9:00 PM, after that another went off, I think around 10 PM. So I decided to keep the boys close to the laundry room - our storm shelter.



Holly HATES storms. So she & the boys joined us. She stayed in the playroom with Carter between siren warnings, but close enough to shelter.


I'm really not sleeping or pretending to be sleeping. I happened to look down when Holly took the picture. I think our last siren went off at 3 AM.


Tornadoes don't typically freak me out too bad. But I am realistic about the fact that they move fast and can happen in an instant and can be extremely damaging. But I would never risk the safety of my kids like that. So, I made them stay in the basement close to shelter - JUST IN CASE. We didn't have any damage thank the Good Lord and neither did anyone that I know. But there were 2 fatalities in Springfield.

No comments:

Stat Counter