Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 20, 2009

Ma Bell

This is Brayden's egg coloring fingers. But those fingers have apparently figured out the land line.

I got a call today from my house. I use this phone for my fax machine. But when I answered, it was Brayden on the other line. I talked to him for a bit & then asked him why he was calling me from the home phone (which we have used when Cody has had problems with his cell phone). He told me that he did not want to ask Cody for his phone to call me so he just picked up the phone to call. Well, that showed initiative on his part but I was also curious because our cell numbers are long distance from the house. So I asked if he dialed the 417 first & he said yes. Well I asked if the dialed the 1 first. And he said, "not the first time but the recording told me that I had to dial 1 or 0 first." At least he can follow directions. I guess he can figure things out for himself, a bit scary. We will see where this new found discovery of the land line phone will take us. I'm pretty sure he knows he is only to use the phone with my permission - but I will have to make that clear.

No comments:

Stat Counter