Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 23, 2009

Saturday Road Trip


Saturday the boys, my mom, Grandpa, Grandma & I all loaded into my mom's mini van & hit the road to Tulsa. It was quite a day. We got a lot in, but it was pretty fun.
After sitting in some traffic before Tulsa we stopped to see some long time friends of my grandparents Tony & Linda. I enjoyed the visit too.
Then we headed to lunch and met my cousins BJ, Larry and my friend Mollie. I really enjoyed my visit with Mollie as the "adults" visited with BJ & Larry.

The boys sat in the very back of the mini van & they enjoyed watching the DVD. I think Grandpa enjoyed it too but he did not listen much because he did not want to miss out on all of our girl talk.
Marvin was doing a job in Tulsa so we stopped by that job before heading to Richie & Sarah's new place.


Here is my mom with her grandsons!
I had a more "normal" picture of my brother & I but I guess this is the "normal" picture of my brother & I, so I chose to post this one.
And Sunday in church adoption was mentioned and I realized that so many people in my life may not even know that I am adopted. I also thought about all of my family picture and how people might question why I do not look like any of the people in the pictures. I guess since I have

been an adult I either was around people that knew I was adopted or people that never saw my family. But now on the WWW people that know me are seeing pictures of people that they do not realize are my family. What was the point in all of that? None really, just a thought that I had in my head that I decided to share. And I guess the realization and reminder that things that are obvious to others are not always to obvious to us.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

Theoden is getting so big! Great pics :)

Stat Counter