Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Baby News

Congrats to my cousins Ryan & Katie on being pregnant!! I am very happy for them. While they said they did not want unsolicited advice, I feel I have to warn them about doing the following. The following is a no-no:


KETTERING, Ohio (March 3) - Police in
Ohio say a woman has been charged with
child endangering after another motorist
reported she was both breast-feeding a
youngster and talking on a phone while driving
.
Police in the Dayton suburb of Kettering
say the caller told them he saw the woman
Thursday.
Officer Michael Burke says authorities used
a license plate number to track down 39-
year-old Genine Compton.
He said the woman told officers she was
breast-feeding and wouldn’t let her child go
hungry.
Burke said the legal concern is that Compton
had a child in her lap while driving, not
that she was breast-feeding in public.
He said the child was under 2 years old.
Police say the woman faces up to 180 days
in jail and a $1,800 fine if convicted of the
misdemeanor.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Well thanks. I don't know if that's advice. Seems like it should be common sense but what do I know, I've never been a mom before!

Sarah said...

Oh my! Pulling over and parking would probably have been a wiser choice.

Stat Counter