Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Pllllleeeeeaaaaasssssse!!!!

I had two intersting things pointed out to me about kids recently. #1 why do kids think that the word "please" will get you to change your mind. And #2 why do we teach kids that "please" is the magic word. Just because my kids say please, nothing magical happens. Like me changing my mind.

With both of these observations, it has become apparently clear how true both of those statements are with Brayden especially. I guess I made a believer out of Cody and the fact that my no was no. But Brayden on the other hand feels that saying pppppllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssse will either get me to change my mind or get him what he wants - which is to change my mind.

So thank you for the people that pointed that out to me and made me realize that "please" is not a magic word. I do not think that Brayden appreciates it, but I am definately more conscience of my no's being no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe kids think you will change your mind because the word please is a "pleading" or begging you to reconsider. When praying for things that are different than what God wants for us,adults offer a "plea" to God to change his mind. Please is just the byword to petition for a different outcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Stat Counter