Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I made it home


I used to love to travel or fly as the case may be. I really did not mind all of my cancellations and delays on the way to CA. Yes, I thought that I was going to have an aneurism over the whole ordeal, but all in all I got through it with a pretty good attitude.

On my trip home, the flight from OC to Denver was an interesting one to say the least. As I boarded the plane (which took off 20 minutes late) I looked at my boarding pass to verify my seat. Yes, I have an isle seat. I never get up, but I like to know that I am able to whenever I want without disturbing others. As I approached my isle, I see that someone is sitting in my seat. So I look at them, with that look of “this is where I belong”. The couple gets up & moves out of the way for me to move into the window. So I ask would you like me to sit in by the window. Yes they say. Neither one of them even acknowledged the fact that I am giving up my isle seat. I was a little upset by this and even thought to myself “fine, waiting until I have to get up 3 times during this trip”, but I say a little attitude prayer to myself and decide not to be ugly about it. Then as I get settled after take off, I lean my seat back & feel this tap on my shoulder. The lady behind me, who does not speak English, points to my seat, points to the CHILD in the seat behind me and says no. Like I cannot put my seat back because it is getting in the way of the little girl!!! Ok – another MAJOR attitude prayer at this point. Patients, tolerance and sacrifice are what I am being taught, right? Lucky for this girl that she is a cute little Asian otherwise, I would have still been lying back (probably not). THEN … the people in front of me decide to change a poopy diaper right in the seat. That smell on a plane is NOT OK!!!!!!

Did I say that I love to fly??? Have you ever had a bad travel experience?

2 comments:

Mike and Debby said...

It comes to me with little doubt that you are not meant to travel! I suggest you you get comfy, put your feet up, turn on the TV and watch the Travel Channel! There would be some good things come of this...
1. No more stinky
2. No lost luggage (maybe)
3. Your fav seat
4. Always "on time"
5. Good "snacks"
6. Your fav Stewardess to wait on you.
7. Larger bathroom
8. No jet lag
9. Cheaper
10. No prob reclining

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Registrar of voters california Sales management courses in british columbia klonopin headache Currency global market trading Adrenal exhaustion and eczema Review automotive ignition wire Atwoodprogressive auto insurance quotes 2 persons hot tub

Stat Counter