Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 04, 2011

Grandpa





After 5 long years of fighting illness after illness, my grandfather passed away on March 25. We had his service last Friday and even though we are relieved that he is no longer suffering, it was a very hard day for me. I have lived close to him for the past 10 years and will miss seeing him as much as I did. Even typing this now, my eyes are tearing up just thinking about how much I will miss him.


My mom asked me to say something about him for the service, but it was really hard for me at that point to wrap my mind around my feelings. But I've thought about it a lot. My fondest memory will be of the doll house that he built for me. I still have it & will cherish it more now than ever before. He was such a talented man, I'm pretty sure my grandpa could build or fix anything in the whole wide world. He was more like the guys from Grumpy Old Men, but he always would sit at the table with Grandma & I and visit with us when I was over. He used to love to ask me about working at the bank. And even in his last days we discussed my job at UOP. He seemed to always want to learn about new things. That must be where I got it... :)


Not only did I live close to him recently, we actually lived with them for a couple of months and I just remember him always saying that he drove by the school and saw me kissing my boyfriend. I was in 3rd grade!! He loved to tease me. And as I got older, I loved to tease him back.


I have many more memories of him and I am happy that I have them. I spent a lot of time this past week looking at his pictures and having those memories, and I am happy to have them and happy to have had him in my life as long as I did.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

love that last photo :)

Sandi said...

Well done, you have treasures that can never be taken from you..memories

Stat Counter