Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Penelope

Have you ever known anyone like Penelope? Someone that just is constantly one-upping you or trying to one-up you? I have known some people that once in awhile will be that one-upper. Well...I now work with Penelope. EVERY single thing that is brought up she has done, or knows, or experienced, or been. It drives me CRAZY!! AND today, she even stated, "I have one better than that." It was a story that she was one upping ME on about my son. 1/2 of my co-workers emailed me and said that her story was NOT better than mine. I guess it really bothered me today because I was trying to share a cute story about Brayden & she just could not let me/Bray have our moment, so I felt vindicated when her story was not better than mine. I will have to admit that today, I did subtly one up her a couple of times, but I'm sure she did not notice (and I may have exaggered a bit when I one-upped her).

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

oh yeah well I used to work with TWO People that were like Penelope. (ha! JK see what I did there? :)

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious becuase I worked with a Penelope and she was soooo bad about it that even our Director knew who we were talking about.

Stat Counter