Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back to School


I am currently on vacation, and I am having a great time. But in the back of my mind, I am still a nervous wreck about school starting. Probably more nervous than the boys. Not just because they are going to a new school and there is change this year, but because I am going to have to make a big decision on before & after school care.
Previously, not only did we live 1-2 blocks away from school, and my best friends lived in my same neighborhood, the school had before school are for $1 and after school care for $25 a YEAR!
Not an issue anymore for Cody but for Brayden, now before & after school care will cost me $120 a WEEK!! That is more than daycare for a school age kid. I really don't get it, but it is what it is. So, I really just cannot afford that. Then my other option is that Brayden would have to ride the bus. He has never ridden the bus. Cody hasn't ridden the bus in 9 years. I rode the bus. I lived and I did not have any life changing experiences on the bus. But the thought of Brayden riding the bus is just seriously giving me an ulcer. He will be 10. I know it will be ok and he will be ok. But I'm not very happy about it.

1 comment:

TLKOREGON said...

How long of a bus ride is it? He will be fine! But like you said..you know that! =) Don't fret, it's not good for you.

Stat Counter