Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 12, 2007

Introducing Lord & Lady

















My brother got married this weekend. This is his Medieval Wedding. Many things taken from Lord of the Rings to my understanding. The first picture is of me with my cute little nephew (my brother's baby). Then a picture of my parents with their grandkids. The top right picture is groom and baby. The bottom two show some customs of the time. The first, the best man is laying down the sword for the bride & groom to cross over. The 2nd is the groom/Lord cutting the bread with his sword for his Lady.

Although themed, the wedding was very nice. The weather was great & everyone did a really fab job putting the wedding together. My new sister-in-law's mom made all the bride's maids' dresses & the wedding dress. She did a fab job.

The reception was really great too. We had a 9 course meal. The 9 courses included:
1. Veggies - carrots & celery
2. Deviled eggs
3. Bread & cheese
4. Salad
5. Rabbit Stew
6. Main course of Pork Loin & barley
7. Fruit
8. Cake
9. Mead & sparkling cider

Mead is a wine of the times made out of honey apprently. Kind of tasted like sweet beer.

After the reception, we did pictures & then there were Bride's "games". Most of the family left before the festivities which included me. I am sorry now that I left. I should have stayed for the sword fighting.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Yes you should have stayed then maybe I could've convinced Ryan too! Good times. I love inlaws!!

TLKOREGON said...

Looks like it was very fun and interesting. Will I could have come. Thanks for the pics.

Stat Counter