Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Receptionist

A couple of weeks ago, Brayden asked me why he had not lost any teeth yet. Which it is not uncommon for 6 year-old boys not to have lost any teeth yet; however, but I decided to look in his mouth anyway. And to my surprise I saw two adult teeth coming in on the bottom. But sure enough the bottom baby teeth were still not budging. So I made an appointment with the dentist. Well last week one of his bottom teeth started to come loose. And over that weekend he lost his first tooth.

Well, he still had his appointment Tuesday with the dentist and we found out that he has a cavity. A cavity on a baby tooth, but the dentist said it was on a back tooth that he would have for awhile, so he wanted to fill it. So I looked at Brayden and told him that he was going to get a shot next week when we come back for the follow up appointment. He got a little scared & said that he didn’t want a shot. The receptionist gave me a dirty look and told him that it would not hurt. 1st of all, why the dirty look & 2nd of all, yeah – it does hurt. So then, I told him see, you need to brush more. The receptionist gave me ANOTHER dirty look and told me that sometimes it is not the kids’ fault! What is this lady’s problem??? I told Brayden’s teacher this story just to see her reaction & she agreed with my tactics (thank goodness). She agreed that sometimes you just have to scare them a bit. And yeah it probably is Brayden’s fault since I will tell him to brush his teeth & he says but I did a couple of days ago!

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Well he can always have them filled without a shot then he can decide if he wants one or not :)

P.S.I hope you gave her a dirty look back.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Stat Counter