Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I thought I had it bad...

While I was in the airport waiting for my flight to Chicago this past weekend, I met a lady from Alaska. She came to Springfield for jaw surgery. So she had been here for 6 weeks. That day she had her flight from Springfield cancelled & missed her connection at O’Hare to Chicago. Then she could not get another flight out of Springfield for 3 more days to go to Alaska.

But prior to her coming to Springfield, she said that she had a flood at home and was without power for 9 days. She was not able to be at her house for 9 days, went home for 1 day and then headed for Springfield.

After her surgery, she went fishing, got stuck in mud, fell & hit her face. She had to have her surgery redone. I felt so bad for her. And she was doing this all alone because her husband had to stay home and work.

THEN she tells me that on a separate flight she said that the nose gear of the plane came off. And they were skidding on the nose of the plane down the run way. This made me think of a time in Memphis when this guy called me the jinx of the flight. Well I wanted to pass this title on to this lady in the airport.

No comments:

Stat Counter