Scriptures to Ponder

Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, so that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Life

So, for the past 3 years I worked for New York Life as an independent Financial Services Rep. I have worked from home for the past 4 1/2 years. I have really enjoyed it, but I have to say it is hard. Especially with kids and summer break. When I first started working from home, I had set things that I had to do. I had set files to work on. I only worked 20 hours a week. So, I got my work done and I still had plenty of time to volunteer, play with kids, shop and help with family. Then I started working "full time" and it seemed like I never worked 20 or more hours. I did not have set things to do and so I filled my time with all these other things. AND to top it all off I had a really good month in May and basically I did not work all summer. That might seem fun and nice for some of you but for me I felt lost. I felt like I was wasting my life away and doing nothing. I felt like I needed more direction. I felt like I needed more purpose and routine. So I started looking for a "real" job. I am happy to announce that I found one. I will be working for the University of Phoenix as an Enrollment Counselor.
I have to admit that I am pretty nervous about it all. Working full time and all. But I am excited about the job and excited to be working with people. And I'm excited about benefits and a regular schedule.

I have to go to training for 2 weeks in Milwaukee, WI. I'm ok with that. Thank goodness my mom is here to watch the boys. Otherwise, I don't know how that was supposed to work out. But I don't start until Sept 8, so I guess I have a couple more weeks of my vacation- like I need it.

3 comments:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm stopping by from SITS.

TLKOREGON said...

Congratulations! I have to say I am a big fan of routine! Enjoy your last couple of weeks of vacation. =)

Unknown said...

congrats on the new gig! I'm in Maine and have a friend who's been with New York Life for about 25 years. His name is Don Howard.

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Stat Counter